Thursday, February 6, 2014

Blog 14: Independent Component 1

Title:  Independent Component 1
Label:  Independent Component
Due Date:  Friday 2/7 at 8AM
Content: 


(a) - Literal "I, Isaac Salas, Affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work"

(b) - https://www.ite.org/ 

(c) - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnIhfdyOzX40dDlxOUV5V2JUUDg5MGRMemswLU4yd2c&usp=sharing#gid=0

(d) - While doing these 30 hours for my independent component I completed several things. I went to mentor ship and actually understood a lot more this time because I began to ask more questions.  I went with my mentor from city to city and analyzed many different intersections, streets, and highways. During Mentor ship my mentor and I used worksheets to write down how many left or right turns, how many lanes, and if there were pockets in each  intersection. 

Interpretive:
 Here I am with my mentor in the city of Bell gardens and we are analyzing an intersection. We did this several times in different cities. These worksheets are meant for the engineers to know what kind of intersection they will be working with. This is a significant part of my project because without this I would not get the actual data that I need and we would be relying on past reports that are outdated by now.

Applied: This component helped me understand the foundation of my project better because instead of just counting the vehicles that passed by the intersections and measuring the lanes and crosswalks, I actually began to learn why there are a certain amount of lanes in each street and why there cant be bus stops just anywhere. Or why the street division should be raised or not. This component helped me learn a lot more than I would have thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment